Elderly pedestrian dies in car accident
AN ELDERLY man died in hospital on Sunday after being involved in an accident with a car while crossing a St Albans road. The 89-year-old victim, who has not yet been named, was in collision with the car in Hatfield Road close to the junction with Granvil
AN ELDERLY man died in hospital on Sunday after being involved in an accident with a car while crossing a St Albans road.
The 89-year-old victim, who has not yet been named, was in collision with the car in Hatfield Road close to the junction with Granville Road opposite Clarence Park at 3.45pm. He died later in Welwyn Garden City's QEII Hospital.
The driver of the red Ford Fiesta which was involved in the accident was a 22-year-old man from Lincolnshire who was driving in the direction of St Albans city centre.
The road for closed for a couple of hours while the incident was dealt with.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the fatal accident is asked to contact Pc Philip Watts on 0845 3300 222.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters