Elderly pedestrian dies in car accident
AN ELDERLY man died in hospital on Sunday after being involved in an accident with a car while crossing a St Albans road. The 89-year-old victim, who has not yet been named, was in collision with the car in Hatfield Road close to the junction with Granvil
AN ELDERLY man died in hospital on Sunday after being involved in an accident with a car while crossing a St Albans road.
The 89-year-old victim, who has not yet been named, was in collision with the car in Hatfield Road close to the junction with Granville Road opposite Clarence Park at 3.45pm. He died later in Welwyn Garden City's QEII Hospital.
The driver of the red Ford Fiesta which was involved in the accident was a 22-year-old man from Lincolnshire who was driving in the direction of St Albans city centre.
The road for closed for a couple of hours while the incident was dealt with.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the fatal accident is asked to contact Pc Philip Watts on 0845 3300 222.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan