Eighty wraps of cocaine found in St Albans, three arrested for drug offences
- Credit: Archant
Eighty wraps of suspected cocaine have been recovered and three people arrested for drug offences in St Albans yesterday (Monday).
Officers were on patrol in Green Lane at about 6.15pm when they approached two vehicles parked next to each other with a man leaning through a window of the car.
They then searched the cars and found 80 wraps of what is believed to be cocaine.
Two men, aged 20, from Luton and Napsbury, and a 20 year old woman from Hatfield, were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class A drug.
PC Mark Chipchase from the ‘Operation Scorpion’ team said: “Whilst there is not a large problem with drugs and drug dealing in the area, we know there are some who are involved in these crimes and we will proactively target people either through intelligence led operations or routine policing to ensure offenders are brought to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
The three suspects have all been released on bail until December 8 pending further police inquiries.
If you have information nor suspect drugs dealing please call police on the non-emergency number 101 or alternatively call 0800 555 111 anonymously.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe