Young geographers from St Albans and Harpenden battle it out in fifth annual interschools quiz
- Credit: Archant
Young geographers quizzed their hearts out in a competition against schools from all over the district.
More than 100 pupils, split in 30 teams from seven schools, took part in the fifth annual Harpenden and St Albans District Geography Quiz held at St George’s School.
The contest was separated by age group - Roundwood Park won Year 8 and 9, and Sandringham won Year 10.
St George’s and St Albans School were runners-up, and Beaumont, The King’s and Sir John Lawes schools also took part.
Geography teacher at St George’s, Lucy Terry, said: “The quiz has grown in size and popularity over the half decade that St George’s has been organising it.
You may also want to watch:
“Geography is a subject that applies to so many different aspects of people’s lives.
“Pupils are more aware than ever about what is happening in the world, and that can only be a good thing.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25