Young geographers from St Albans and Harpenden battle it out in fifth annual interschools quiz
- Credit: Archant
Young geographers quizzed their hearts out in a competition against schools from all over the district.
More than 100 pupils, split in 30 teams from seven schools, took part in the fifth annual Harpenden and St Albans District Geography Quiz held at St George’s School.
The contest was separated by age group - Roundwood Park won Year 8 and 9, and Sandringham won Year 10.
St George’s and St Albans School were runners-up, and Beaumont, The King’s and Sir John Lawes schools also took part.
Geography teacher at St George’s, Lucy Terry, said: “The quiz has grown in size and popularity over the half decade that St George’s has been organising it.
You may also want to watch:
“Geography is a subject that applies to so many different aspects of people’s lives.
“Pupils are more aware than ever about what is happening in the world, and that can only be a good thing.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills