World Book Day: 64 Zoo Lane author visits St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The author of popular children’s book series 64 Zoo Lane visited Willows Activity Farm in St Albans for World Book Day.
An Vrombaut read out her stories to a group of children, some of whom had dressed as animals for the event.
The Belgian-born author also took part in arts and crafts activities to bring her book creations to life, and took a tour around the popular Hertfordshire attraction.
Louise Hobbs, senior childcare manager at the Willows Farm nursery said: “We were thrilled to have the author of such a well known series of children’s books visit us on World Book Day.
“An’s stories are about a girl who lives next to a zoo, so it’s fitting for our children who go to nursery next to a farm!”
You may also want to watch:
The 64 Zoo Lane series is based on the adventures of a girl called Lucy, who lives next door to a zoo and is regularly told bedtime stories by the animals who live there.
It was adapted into a BAFTA award-winning BBC show in 1999.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears