St Albans pupils selected for national dance festival
- Credit: Archant
Dancers from St Albans Girls School have been selected to represent the East of England at a national festival.
The 19 pupils from the Advance Dance company will take part in the U.Dance festival after being selected at an event in Bedford.
The dancers, from Years 10 to 13, are Jemima Biodun-Bello, Jessica Brady, Grace Clinton, Olivia Coombs, Xanthe Gibson, Phoebe Goff, Daisy Herron, Alice Humphries, Amelia Moore, Jemima Nicholls, Amy Parsons, Katya Reese, Grace Reid, Hannah Rider, Iris Shakespeare, Annalia Sparks, Emma Wheatley, Evie Wilkinson, Genevieve Williams.
Year 10 student Xanthe Gibson said: “We are very excited to be given this amazing opportunity, and are really looking forward to it.”
Head of dance Mrs Wheatley said: “This is a huge achievement and I am so proud of the students and their talent.”
You may also want to watch:
U.Dance will be held in Ipswich on July 13-15.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared