St Albans pupils selected for national dance festival
- Credit: Archant
Dancers from St Albans Girls School have been selected to represent the East of England at a national festival.
The 19 pupils from the Advance Dance company will take part in the U.Dance festival after being selected at an event in Bedford.
The dancers, from Years 10 to 13, are Jemima Biodun-Bello, Jessica Brady, Grace Clinton, Olivia Coombs, Xanthe Gibson, Phoebe Goff, Daisy Herron, Alice Humphries, Amelia Moore, Jemima Nicholls, Amy Parsons, Katya Reese, Grace Reid, Hannah Rider, Iris Shakespeare, Annalia Sparks, Emma Wheatley, Evie Wilkinson, Genevieve Williams.
Year 10 student Xanthe Gibson said: “We are very excited to be given this amazing opportunity, and are really looking forward to it.”
Head of dance Mrs Wheatley said: “This is a huge achievement and I am so proud of the students and their talent.”
You may also want to watch:
U.Dance will be held in Ipswich on July 13-15.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall