Renowned architect giving talk to St Albans School
- Credit: Archant
A renowned architect will give a lecture at St Albans School next month.
Chris Wilkinson OBE, who has been elected to the Royal Academy of Arts, will also answer questions on his career.
He said: “We love to make dynamic use of space, light and materials, focusing on proportions to create something memorable that lifts the spirits and has a logic and sense of place.”
Mr Wilkinson co-founded WilkinsonEyre, an international architectural practice, and has worked as an examiner for Westminster University, which also gave him an honorary doctorate and as a commissioner for English Heritage.
He is the author of Supersheds and co-author of Bridging Art & Science, Exploring Boundaries, Tectonics and Works.
You may also want to watch:
The lecture is at 7.30pm on Thursday, February 1, at St Albans School library on Abbey Mill Lane.
For tickets, visit tinyurl.com/y9hw62cp
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app