Renowned architect giving talk to St Albans School
- Credit: Archant
A renowned architect will give a lecture at St Albans School next month.
Chris Wilkinson OBE, who has been elected to the Royal Academy of Arts, will also answer questions on his career.
He said: “We love to make dynamic use of space, light and materials, focusing on proportions to create something memorable that lifts the spirits and has a logic and sense of place.”
Mr Wilkinson co-founded WilkinsonEyre, an international architectural practice, and has worked as an examiner for Westminster University, which also gave him an honorary doctorate and as a commissioner for English Heritage.
He is the author of Supersheds and co-author of Bridging Art & Science, Exploring Boundaries, Tectonics and Works.
You may also want to watch:
The lecture is at 7.30pm on Thursday, February 1, at St Albans School library on Abbey Mill Lane.
For tickets, visit tinyurl.com/y9hw62cp
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall