Wheathampstead school bids Year 6 pupils goodbye
- Credit: Archant
A Wheathampstead primary school said goodbye to Year 6 pupils in style despite leavers’ events being disrupted by lockdown.
Staff at Beech Hyde Primary School wished pupils all the best as they prepare to move on to secondary school.
Year 6 teacher Miss Rogers said: “This wasn’t the way we expected to be saying goodbye to our Year 6 children but hopefully we provided a unique send off for a special group of children.
“I am very proud of each and every one of them; how hard they have worked throughout the year and how well they returned to school and dealt with all the changes.
“We tried to make sure they had as many of the leavers experiences as possible and filmed elements instead of having a traditional leavers assembly. Definitely one to remember!”
You may also want to watch:
Please send pictures and messages for Year 6 leavers to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in the Herts Ad.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space