Wheathampstead school bids Year 6 pupils goodbye
- Credit: Archant
A Wheathampstead primary school said goodbye to Year 6 pupils in style despite leavers’ events being disrupted by lockdown.
Staff at Beech Hyde Primary School wished pupils all the best as they prepare to move on to secondary school.
Year 6 teacher Miss Rogers said: “This wasn’t the way we expected to be saying goodbye to our Year 6 children but hopefully we provided a unique send off for a special group of children.
“I am very proud of each and every one of them; how hard they have worked throughout the year and how well they returned to school and dealt with all the changes.
“We tried to make sure they had as many of the leavers experiences as possible and filmed elements instead of having a traditional leavers assembly. Definitely one to remember!”
You may also want to watch:
Please send pictures and messages for Year 6 leavers to email@example.com to be featured in the Herts Ad.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game