Verulam School’s triumph at St Albans district cup finals
- Credit: Archant
Sporty students at a St Albans secondary school are celebrating after not only reaching the district cup football final, but collecting a handful of trophies as well.
Years 7-10 teams from Verulam School, Brampton Road, won their final matches at the event, held at Woollams playing fields in St Albans recently.
A spokesman for the school said: “It was a great finals’ day for Verulam, reaching four of the five finals and winning all four trophies – a feat that not many schools can boast.
“In a strong football area, four district cups and a county cup shield, that Year 8 won the previous week, shows the strength in depth of the Verulam boys.”
Year 7 beat Sandringham School 5-0, while Year 8 won 2-1 against Beaumont.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the Year 9 team beat independent St Albans School 2-1 and Year 10 pupils celebrated a 3-0 win over Harpenden-based school, Sir John Lawes.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire