Verulam School’s triumph at St Albans district cup finals
- Credit: Archant
Sporty students at a St Albans secondary school are celebrating after not only reaching the district cup football final, but collecting a handful of trophies as well.
Years 7-10 teams from Verulam School, Brampton Road, won their final matches at the event, held at Woollams playing fields in St Albans recently.
A spokesman for the school said: “It was a great finals’ day for Verulam, reaching four of the five finals and winning all four trophies – a feat that not many schools can boast.
“In a strong football area, four district cups and a county cup shield, that Year 8 won the previous week, shows the strength in depth of the Verulam boys.”
Year 7 beat Sandringham School 5-0, while Year 8 won 2-1 against Beaumont.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the Year 9 team beat independent St Albans School 2-1 and Year 10 pupils celebrated a 3-0 win over Harpenden-based school, Sir John Lawes.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Schools across Herts miss out on £1.9 million of free school meal funding