Verulam School’s triumph at St Albans district cup finals
- Credit: Archant
Sporty students at a St Albans secondary school are celebrating after not only reaching the district cup football final, but collecting a handful of trophies as well.
Years 7-10 teams from Verulam School, Brampton Road, won their final matches at the event, held at Woollams playing fields in St Albans recently.
A spokesman for the school said: “It was a great finals’ day for Verulam, reaching four of the five finals and winning all four trophies – a feat that not many schools can boast.
“In a strong football area, four district cups and a county cup shield, that Year 8 won the previous week, shows the strength in depth of the Verulam boys.”
Year 7 beat Sandringham School 5-0, while Year 8 won 2-1 against Beaumont.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the Year 9 team beat independent St Albans School 2-1 and Year 10 pupils celebrated a 3-0 win over Harpenden-based school, Sir John Lawes.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack