Townsend pupils pass A-levels with flying colours
- Credit: Archant
TOWNSEND students rejoiced after receiving record A-level results at the St Albans school this morning.
Marking a year-on-year improvement for the school over 71% of the grades achieved were at the higher A-C level, with a majority of Year 13s securing their university places.
Students celebrating included Katie Findlay who is heading to University College London to study arts and sciences after receiving an A* and three As.
Fellow pupil Jessica Newlove achieved an A and two Bs which means she will be attending Reading later this year to study nutrition and food science.
Mr Parker, Head of Sixth Form at the school, said: “The students this year worked incredibly hard in the run up to their examinations.
You may also want to watch:
“All this hard work has really paid off and I am so proud of the achievements of all of our students.”
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead