Townsend pupils pass A-levels with flying colours
- Credit: Archant
TOWNSEND students rejoiced after receiving record A-level results at the St Albans school this morning.
Marking a year-on-year improvement for the school over 71% of the grades achieved were at the higher A-C level, with a majority of Year 13s securing their university places.
Students celebrating included Katie Findlay who is heading to University College London to study arts and sciences after receiving an A* and three As.
Fellow pupil Jessica Newlove achieved an A and two Bs which means she will be attending Reading later this year to study nutrition and food science.
Mr Parker, Head of Sixth Form at the school, said: “The students this year worked incredibly hard in the run up to their examinations.
You may also want to watch:
“All this hard work has really paid off and I am so proud of the achievements of all of our students.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common