Top St Albans and Harpenden schools to be recognised in awards
- Credit: Archant
Is your school top of the class? Only the district’s finest education establishments will be awarded a gold star in the sixth annual Herts Advertiser School Awards.
This is your chance to celebrate your school’s hardworking and dedicated members of staff, highlight the achievements of the student body, shout about any innovative projects you have part taken in, and celebrate those unsung heroes without whom our schools would be poorer places.
The winners of this year’s awards will be revealed at a gala evening taking place at Oaklands College on June 22, which will see schools and sponsors come together to celebrate the continuous achievements of educational institutions in St Albans and Harpenden.
Categories for this year’s awards include Teacher of the Year (Primary and Secondary), Pupil of the Year, Sporting Achiever of the Year, School of the Year (Primary and Secondary), Innovation/Project of the Year, Special Recognition Award, Support Staff Member Award and Unsung Hero Award.
Last year’s winner of the Innovation/Project was the Speaker Programme at St Albans Girls’ School.
You may also want to watch:
Run by Maxine Davies this programme was developed to invite a range of high profile academic speakers to engage and inspire the students and broaden their concept of the world. Notable personalities included professors, MPs, film makers, BBC presenters and doctors. An amazing achievement and inspirational to their students and other schools who joined them.
The deadline for nominations is Friday May 27 at 5pm. Click here for details on how to nominate.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner