Top St Albans and Harpenden schools to be recognised in awards
- Credit: Archant
Is your school top of the class? Only the district’s finest education establishments will be awarded a gold star in the sixth annual Herts Advertiser School Awards.
This is your chance to celebrate your school’s hardworking and dedicated members of staff, highlight the achievements of the student body, shout about any innovative projects you have part taken in, and celebrate those unsung heroes without whom our schools would be poorer places.
The winners of this year’s awards will be revealed at a gala evening taking place at Oaklands College on June 22, which will see schools and sponsors come together to celebrate the continuous achievements of educational institutions in St Albans and Harpenden.
Categories for this year’s awards include Teacher of the Year (Primary and Secondary), Pupil of the Year, Sporting Achiever of the Year, School of the Year (Primary and Secondary), Innovation/Project of the Year, Special Recognition Award, Support Staff Member Award and Unsung Hero Award.
Last year’s winner of the Innovation/Project was the Speaker Programme at St Albans Girls’ School.
You may also want to watch:
Run by Maxine Davies this programme was developed to invite a range of high profile academic speakers to engage and inspire the students and broaden their concept of the world. Notable personalities included professors, MPs, film makers, BBC presenters and doctors. An amazing achievement and inspirational to their students and other schools who joined them.
The deadline for nominations is Friday May 27 at 5pm. Click here for details on how to nominate.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall