The words on the street for St Albans primary school leavers
YEAR Six leavers have been presented with a souvenir to commemorate their time at primary school.
St Albans Rotary Club donated 160 copies of the Usborne Illustrated Dictionary to pupils leaving Aboyne Lodge, Camp, Cunningham Hill, Margaret Wix and Windermere Schools.
It was part of a worldwide Rotary literacy campaign and the dictionaries were presented by Roger Talbot, president of the Rotary Club of St Albans.
He said: ‘The dictionaries will serve them well throughout their education and into their adult lives.”
Presentations were also made to the winners of the Rotary “Kids-Out” picture competition at Aboyne Lodge at the end of term.
You may also want to watch:
Kids-Out is an annual event organised by local Rotary Clubs that takes children for a day out to Whipsnade Zoo. Many are disadvantaged and their life often revolves around what happens within just a mile or two of home.
Anyone wanting to know more about Rotary’s activities is asked to contact David Jones on 01582 873515 or visit www.stalbansrotary.net.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield