The words on the street for St Albans primary school leavers
YEAR Six leavers have been presented with a souvenir to commemorate their time at primary school.
St Albans Rotary Club donated 160 copies of the Usborne Illustrated Dictionary to pupils leaving Aboyne Lodge, Camp, Cunningham Hill, Margaret Wix and Windermere Schools.
It was part of a worldwide Rotary literacy campaign and the dictionaries were presented by Roger Talbot, president of the Rotary Club of St Albans.
He said: ‘The dictionaries will serve them well throughout their education and into their adult lives.”
Presentations were also made to the winners of the Rotary “Kids-Out” picture competition at Aboyne Lodge at the end of term.
You may also want to watch:
Kids-Out is an annual event organised by local Rotary Clubs that takes children for a day out to Whipsnade Zoo. Many are disadvantaged and their life often revolves around what happens within just a mile or two of home.
Anyone wanting to know more about Rotary’s activities is asked to contact David Jones on 01582 873515 or visit www.stalbansrotary.net.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy