The sky is the limit for St Albans primary
- Credit: Archant
It’s not just a giant Advent calendar that is lighting up a St Albans primary school this Christmas.
For Skyswood JMI in Marshalswick is glowing as a result of a recent Ofsted inspection which found the school to be outstanding across all areas.
Ofsted praised the pupils’ behaviour as ‘exemplary’, describing them as ‘welcoming, inquisitive, passionate about their learning and proud to take on responsibilities.’
The leadership team within the school was seen to be unyielding in their pursuit of excellence and well supported by a team of very capable teachers, teaching assistants and a governing body that was both supportive and challenging.
Ofsted felt the whole Skyswood community was clearly proud of its achievements and delighted that the pupils’ love for learning stood out as a key strength throughout the school.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Bob Bridle, said: “Alongside our wonderful children, every member of staff, from teachers and teaching assistants, to the midday supervisors, caretaker and school cook, play an essential part in making the school such a wonderful learning environment and community.”
He added that projects such as the giant Advent calendar typified the pupils’ passion for learning and enthusiasm for a challenge.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
The calendar, a celebration of Christmas around the world, was created by the Year 5 class and the doors have been opened during each assembly.
The calendar journey can also be followed on a daily basis on the school website.