The Gruffalo helps open St Albans nursery refurbishment
- Credit: Simon Jacobs
One was a creature with tusks and claws and the other was the Mayor but both received a warm welcome when St Albans Nursery and Montessori Pre-School opened its multi-million pound refurbishment.
Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Salih Gaygusuz, was accompanied by one of the world’s most-loved monsters the Gruffalo, who took time out from his deep dark wood to pay a visit to the nursery in Hatfield Road.
They were given an exclusive tour of the premises and met with parents and children on their way around the building.
The revamped nursery - part of Busy Bees Nurseries - now plays host to an updated interior décor scheme as well as brand-new indoor and outdoor equipment.
Nursery manager, Lorraine Middleton said: “We are thrilled to be in what feels like brand-new premises and to now be offering well-respected Montessori education, which will undoubtedly give our children the very best start.
You may also want to watch:
“We have also changed the layout of the nursery to give pre-school children the opportunity to free-flow inside and out, where they can use the sandpits, water pumps and enjoy the great outdoors whenever possible.”
The Mayor said: “It was a privilege to be one of the first people to step foot through the door and to witness all of the hard work that has gone into making this nursery look great. I would like to wish the committed team at Busy Bees much success for the new year.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism