Still time to get your nomination in for the 2017 Herts Advertiser School Awards
- Credit: Archant
Does your education establishment have what it takes to snatch the Secondary School of the Year crown from last year’s winners Beaumont?
Competition was fierce in the 2016 Herts Advertiser School Awards, with more than 30 schools taking part and over 220 nominations received, but only the district’s finest schools, staff and pupils were awarded a gold star at the glittering awards ceremony.
Beaumont was highlighted for its motivational education over the past 70 years, which saw it consistently appear in the country’s list of top 50 non-selective state schools.
Headteacher Elizabeth Hitch said after last year’s event : “I am absolutely delighted that Beaumont School is recognised in this way as the Secondary School of the Year.
“Our students are superb, our staff do an amazing job, our parents support the school whole-heartedly and as a result, students have wonderful opportunities to ‘Enjoy and Excel’.”
You may also want to watch:
This is your chance to celebrate your school’s hardworking and dedicated members of staff, highlight the achievements of the student body, shout about any innovative projects you have part taken in, and celebrate those unsung heroes without whom our schools would be poorer places. There is still a week left to enter, but time is running out.
For the first time, and following popular demand, this year’s awards include the new category of Nursery of the Year, so make sure you nominate your children’s nursery for this accolade.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Other categories for the 2017 awards include Teacher of the Year (Primary and Secondary), Pupil of the Year, Sporting Achiever of the Year, School of the Year (Primary and Secondary), Innovation/Project of the Year, Special Recognition Award, Support Staff Member Award and Unsung Hero Award.
The winners of this year’s awards will be revealed at a gala evening taking place at Oaklands College on June 28, which will see schools and sponsors come together to celebrate the continuous achievements of educational institutions in St Albans and Harpenden.
Full details on other categories and how to enter can be found here, and the deadline for entries is 5pm on Friday, May 18. Entry is free and you can enter as many categories as you like.