London Colney pupil meets the mayor after designing democracy poster
- Credit: Archant
A competition winner at a London Colney primary school got to meet the Mayor of St Albans and have a tour around the district council offices.
Dylan Chisholm, a Year 5 pupil at St Bernadette Catholic Primary School, won a competition to design and make a poster about St Albans district council.
As a prize, Dylan and five of his friends were invited to the Civic Centre for tea with Mayor Mohammad Iqbal Zia on Friday, March 23.
School secretary Fiona Fitzgerald said: “They had to design a poster about what St Albans council offices do for local democracy week, and one of our children won.
“They had a lovely time. They met the Mayor’s guard and they got to try on ceremonial robes and go into the council hall where they had tea and cakes with him.”
You may also want to watch:
Local Democracy Week was held in October last year to teach pupils how democracy works in practice, and primary school children were invited to enter the competition.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25