St Albans theatre revamp to be funded by musical concert
- Credit: Archant
Funds are being raised for renovation work to a community theatre by a semi-concert musical performance this month.
Money for a revamp of The SandPit Theatre, situated in Marshalswick’s Sandringham School, will be collected from a part-concert style performance of Hairspray, put on by Limitless Productions.
The theatre has already refurbished the foyer, bar, and improved their lighting and sound systems, and by 2018 they are looking to replace the seating structure with a retractable, allocated system.
This production is supplementing another scheme, where patrons can sponsor a seat in the new theatre.
The theatre has this year been nominated for Best Local Theatre in the Middy Stiletto awards, and in 2016 it was a finalist in The Mayor’s Pride Awards for the Best Community Project.
You may also want to watch:
Hairspray will be performed on May 25 and 26, at 7pm - tickets are £10.
Click here or call on 01727 799565 to buy a seat or to get tickets.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images