St Albans theatre revamp to be funded by musical concert
- Credit: Archant
Funds are being raised for renovation work to a community theatre by a semi-concert musical performance this month.
Money for a revamp of The SandPit Theatre, situated in Marshalswick’s Sandringham School, will be collected from a part-concert style performance of Hairspray, put on by Limitless Productions.
The theatre has already refurbished the foyer, bar, and improved their lighting and sound systems, and by 2018 they are looking to replace the seating structure with a retractable, allocated system.
This production is supplementing another scheme, where patrons can sponsor a seat in the new theatre.
The theatre has this year been nominated for Best Local Theatre in the Middy Stiletto awards, and in 2016 it was a finalist in The Mayor’s Pride Awards for the Best Community Project.
You may also want to watch:
Hairspray will be performed on May 25 and 26, at 7pm - tickets are £10.
Click here or call on 01727 799565 to buy a seat or to get tickets.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report