St Albans theatre revamp to be funded by musical concert
- Credit: Archant
Funds are being raised for renovation work to a community theatre by a semi-concert musical performance this month.
Money for a revamp of The SandPit Theatre, situated in Marshalswick’s Sandringham School, will be collected from a part-concert style performance of Hairspray, put on by Limitless Productions.
The theatre has already refurbished the foyer, bar, and improved their lighting and sound systems, and by 2018 they are looking to replace the seating structure with a retractable, allocated system.
This production is supplementing another scheme, where patrons can sponsor a seat in the new theatre.
The theatre has this year been nominated for Best Local Theatre in the Middy Stiletto awards, and in 2016 it was a finalist in The Mayor’s Pride Awards for the Best Community Project.
You may also want to watch:
Hairspray will be performed on May 25 and 26, at 7pm - tickets are £10.
Click here or call on 01727 799565 to buy a seat or to get tickets.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 6 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 10 Yellow warning for rain in Herts as Storm Christoph approaches