St Albans theatre revamp to be funded by musical concert
- Credit: Archant
Funds are being raised for renovation work to a community theatre by a semi-concert musical performance this month.
Money for a revamp of The SandPit Theatre, situated in Marshalswick’s Sandringham School, will be collected from a part-concert style performance of Hairspray, put on by Limitless Productions.
The theatre has already refurbished the foyer, bar, and improved their lighting and sound systems, and by 2018 they are looking to replace the seating structure with a retractable, allocated system.
This production is supplementing another scheme, where patrons can sponsor a seat in the new theatre.
The theatre has this year been nominated for Best Local Theatre in the Middy Stiletto awards, and in 2016 it was a finalist in The Mayor’s Pride Awards for the Best Community Project.
Hairspray will be performed on May 25 and 26, at 7pm - tickets are £10.
Click here or call on 01727 799565 to buy a seat or to get tickets.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford