St Albans swim team celebrates silver success
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans swim team has won big at this year’s national finals.
Lucy Bell, Milly Stafford, Sarah McGrath, Millie Whittle and Anne-Marie Reid, all 11 and experienced swimmers from St Albans High School for Girls Prep, won silver in the medley relay and came fourth in the freestyle by just 0.1 second.
The girls have been swimming together for several years.
The English Schools Swimming Association (ESSA) national finals pit schools from across the country against one another in a variety of testing heats.
ESSA was established in 1949 and is based on eight divisions. Apart from organising championships, its main function is to promote the teaching of swimming in schools.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Rowe, headmistress at the school, said: “We’re really proud of these girls, who worked so hard to achieve their goals.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
- 10 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals