St Albans media students win county awards for road safety videos
- Credit: Archant
St Albans media students have won two county awards for creating short road safety films.
In the Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service Student Media Road Safety Awards 2018, James O’Gorman, Cain Steadman, Ewan Jones and Leonie Isaacs were awarded Clearest Message for their movie It Was Just, which follows three characters who cause accidents after dangerous driving.
Hana Keen, Hollie Claridge, Evie Gallagher, Michael Mcloughlin and Ross Herbert were crowned Overall Winner for their video Think Before You Drink, which highlighted the dangers of drink driving using a Christmas party theme.
Firefighter Brian Chamberlain said young drivers are three times more likely to be in a crash: “It is essential for younger drivers to understand the consequences of dangerous driving, and that is what this project aims to achieve.”
The films were shown to the Lord-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Robert Voss, and the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire, Suzy Harvey,
You may also want to watch:
at the awards ceremony in Welwyn Garden City.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall