St Albans media students win county awards for road safety videos
- Credit: Archant
St Albans media students have won two county awards for creating short road safety films.
In the Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service Student Media Road Safety Awards 2018, James O’Gorman, Cain Steadman, Ewan Jones and Leonie Isaacs were awarded Clearest Message for their movie It Was Just, which follows three characters who cause accidents after dangerous driving.
Hana Keen, Hollie Claridge, Evie Gallagher, Michael Mcloughlin and Ross Herbert were crowned Overall Winner for their video Think Before You Drink, which highlighted the dangers of drink driving using a Christmas party theme.
Firefighter Brian Chamberlain said young drivers are three times more likely to be in a crash: “It is essential for younger drivers to understand the consequences of dangerous driving, and that is what this project aims to achieve.”
The films were shown to the Lord-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Robert Voss, and the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire, Suzy Harvey,
You may also want to watch:
at the awards ceremony in Welwyn Garden City.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images