St Albans skateboard kids discover mobile park
YOUNG skateboarders honed their skills at a mobile skate park which toured the district over the summer holidays.
The “Sk8 with ya M8s” programme was organised by Wildchild Activities and the district council and funded by the National Lottery.
It included 18 skating sessions for five to 19 year olds at local parks in which beginners got to know the basics and experienced skateboarders learnt a collection of freestyle skills from the Wildchild staff.
Lynda Regan, founder of Wildchild Activities, said the “incredible popularity of skateboarding in schools” was behind the council-led summer scheme and reported that the feedback from children was “fantastic”.
She continued: “It’s great to have kids that have turned up as beginners and gone away confident skaters.”
You may also want to watch:
Wildchild Activities are offering those who enjoyed or missed the summer skateboarding a chance to take up weekend lessons with their instructors at Beaumont School this month. For more information, please visit www.wildchildactivities.com
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre