St Albans skateboard kids discover mobile park
YOUNG skateboarders honed their skills at a mobile skate park which toured the district over the summer holidays.
The “Sk8 with ya M8s” programme was organised by Wildchild Activities and the district council and funded by the National Lottery.
It included 18 skating sessions for five to 19 year olds at local parks in which beginners got to know the basics and experienced skateboarders learnt a collection of freestyle skills from the Wildchild staff.
Lynda Regan, founder of Wildchild Activities, said the “incredible popularity of skateboarding in schools” was behind the council-led summer scheme and reported that the feedback from children was “fantastic”.
She continued: “It’s great to have kids that have turned up as beginners and gone away confident skaters.”
You may also want to watch:
Wildchild Activities are offering those who enjoyed or missed the summer skateboarding a chance to take up weekend lessons with their instructors at Beaumont School this month. For more information, please visit www.wildchildactivities.com
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield