St Albans skateboard kids discover mobile park
YOUNG skateboarders honed their skills at a mobile skate park which toured the district over the summer holidays.
The “Sk8 with ya M8s” programme was organised by Wildchild Activities and the district council and funded by the National Lottery.
It included 18 skating sessions for five to 19 year olds at local parks in which beginners got to know the basics and experienced skateboarders learnt a collection of freestyle skills from the Wildchild staff.
Lynda Regan, founder of Wildchild Activities, said the “incredible popularity of skateboarding in schools” was behind the council-led summer scheme and reported that the feedback from children was “fantastic”.
She continued: “It’s great to have kids that have turned up as beginners and gone away confident skaters.”
You may also want to watch:
Wildchild Activities are offering those who enjoyed or missed the summer skateboarding a chance to take up weekend lessons with their instructors at Beaumont School this month. For more information, please visit www.wildchildactivities.com
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 3 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 4 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 5 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 6 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 7 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 8 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 9 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?