St Albans School teacher’s English Literature book
- Credit: Photo supplied
A senior examiner from St Albans is leading the way in English internationally with a new book.
Mark Pedroz, head of English at St Albans School, Abbey Gateway, has had his educational guide English Literature for Cambridge IGCSE published by Oxford University Press.
He said it was a comprehensive guide to drama, prose, poetry, essay writing and unseen reading for the Cambridge International IGCSE, followed by students from Argentina to India.
St Albans School was an early adopter of the syllabus, which is becoming increasingly popular at top tier UK independent and state schools.
Mark explained that he was prompted to complete the book after it became clear that a textbook was needed to stretch high achievers. He added: “I am grateful to the students in the St Albans School English department, with whom I’ve tried out much of the content.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark has been a senior examiner for several years and Head of English at the school for 15 years. He is now involved in developing new GCSEs alongside his classroom teaching.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers