St Albans School teacher’s English Literature book
- Credit: Photo supplied
A senior examiner from St Albans is leading the way in English internationally with a new book.
Mark Pedroz, head of English at St Albans School, Abbey Gateway, has had his educational guide English Literature for Cambridge IGCSE published by Oxford University Press.
He said it was a comprehensive guide to drama, prose, poetry, essay writing and unseen reading for the Cambridge International IGCSE, followed by students from Argentina to India.
St Albans School was an early adopter of the syllabus, which is becoming increasingly popular at top tier UK independent and state schools.
Mark explained that he was prompted to complete the book after it became clear that a textbook was needed to stretch high achievers. He added: “I am grateful to the students in the St Albans School English department, with whom I’ve tried out much of the content.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark has been a senior examiner for several years and Head of English at the school for 15 years. He is now involved in developing new GCSEs alongside his classroom teaching.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield