St Albans School teacher’s English Literature book
- Credit: Photo supplied
A senior examiner from St Albans is leading the way in English internationally with a new book.
Mark Pedroz, head of English at St Albans School, Abbey Gateway, has had his educational guide English Literature for Cambridge IGCSE published by Oxford University Press.
He said it was a comprehensive guide to drama, prose, poetry, essay writing and unseen reading for the Cambridge International IGCSE, followed by students from Argentina to India.
St Albans School was an early adopter of the syllabus, which is becoming increasingly popular at top tier UK independent and state schools.
Mark explained that he was prompted to complete the book after it became clear that a textbook was needed to stretch high achievers. He added: “I am grateful to the students in the St Albans School English department, with whom I’ve tried out much of the content.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark has been a senior examiner for several years and Head of English at the school for 15 years. He is now involved in developing new GCSEs alongside his classroom teaching.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 3 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 10 A New York state of mind