National Youth Theatre comes to St Albans school
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans school is giving pupils the chance to audition for a prestigious youth theatre company.
The National Youth Theatre (NYT) audition tour is coming to Beaumont School in Oakwood Drive. Forty pupils from the school will spend the day auditioning for the company on Wednesday, January 17.
The pupils will take part in a three hour workshop, and will then have an interview and perform a monologue in front of the visiting National Theatre auditioners.
Former Beaumont pupils have worked with the National Theatre both as performers and in backstage roles.
Head of drama Zoe Shepherd said: “We are thrilled that the National Youth Theatre will be giving our students this wonderful opportunity. We have so many talented and dedicated drama students, I just wish they had time to see more of them!”
You may also want to watch:
Every year the NYT auditions more than 5,000 young people.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park