National Youth Theatre comes to St Albans school
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans school is giving pupils the chance to audition for a prestigious youth theatre company.
The National Youth Theatre (NYT) audition tour is coming to Beaumont School in Oakwood Drive. Forty pupils from the school will spend the day auditioning for the company on Wednesday, January 17.
The pupils will take part in a three hour workshop, and will then have an interview and perform a monologue in front of the visiting National Theatre auditioners.
Former Beaumont pupils have worked with the National Theatre both as performers and in backstage roles.
Head of drama Zoe Shepherd said: “We are thrilled that the National Youth Theatre will be giving our students this wonderful opportunity. We have so many talented and dedicated drama students, I just wish they had time to see more of them!”
Every year the NYT auditions more than 5,000 young people.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival