National Youth Theatre comes to St Albans school
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans school is giving pupils the chance to audition for a prestigious youth theatre company.
The National Youth Theatre (NYT) audition tour is coming to Beaumont School in Oakwood Drive. Forty pupils from the school will spend the day auditioning for the company on Wednesday, January 17.
The pupils will take part in a three hour workshop, and will then have an interview and perform a monologue in front of the visiting National Theatre auditioners.
Former Beaumont pupils have worked with the National Theatre both as performers and in backstage roles.
Head of drama Zoe Shepherd said: “We are thrilled that the National Youth Theatre will be giving our students this wonderful opportunity. We have so many talented and dedicated drama students, I just wish they had time to see more of them!”
You may also want to watch:
Every year the NYT auditions more than 5,000 young people.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images