St Albans headteacher goes out of his way to reassure pupils
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans headteacher has literally gone the extra mile to show pupils what they could expect on their return to school.
Headteacher Damien Johnston of Margaret Wix Primary School was videoed taking the new route into school – in line with social distancing – for all the different year groups returning to lessons.
He can be seen with his hat on, his two water bottles, his lunch and his bag while he reassuringly narrates the walk all the way around the playground.
Parents and children have viewed the videos of the headmaster on the school’s Facebook page and their comments show they have welcomed the gesture.
Damien said: “We wanted to help parents and children understand how to get into school safely and within the new guidelines.
You may also want to watch:
“I spent an afternoon with the assistant head who videoed me walking the routes.
“Another member of senior leadership team came up with the idea and I think it has worked brilliantly! A real team effort.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book