St Albans pupils get a taste of Royal Wedding fever
ROYAL Wedding fever has been sweeping across the district this week and children at one school have been gearing up for the big day by holding their own pretend nuptials.
Bernard’s Heath Infant school staged two mock weddings yesterday (Wednesday) led by school governor and vicar at St Mary’s Church in Marshalswick Gary Russel to teach them about the traditions behind Christian marriages.
Children became the bride and groom, bridesmaids, page boys, ring bearers, parents of the bride and photographers for the ceremonies, which formed part of the school’s two day prince and princess celebrations to mark Friday’s wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Teacher Hannah Rimmer said all of the pupils – particularly the acting Kate and William – took to their roles brilliantly.
She continued: “The children really enjoyed learning about the traditions linked to a Christian wedding and Gary was fantastic about talking to them about why we have things like rings and bells.”
You may also want to watch:
The wedding theme continued throughout the day with activities such as planning wedding breakfast menus and writing news reports.
Mrs Rimmer added: “All in all it was a really lovely day and we are so fortunate to have Gary. It was a fantastic way of marking the event and for us as teachers it has been exciting planning cross curriculum activities, promoting creativity and helping the children mark this historic occasion in their memories.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals