St Albans pupils get a taste of Royal Wedding fever
ROYAL Wedding fever has been sweeping across the district this week and children at one school have been gearing up for the big day by holding their own pretend nuptials.
Bernard’s Heath Infant school staged two mock weddings yesterday (Wednesday) led by school governor and vicar at St Mary’s Church in Marshalswick Gary Russel to teach them about the traditions behind Christian marriages.
Children became the bride and groom, bridesmaids, page boys, ring bearers, parents of the bride and photographers for the ceremonies, which formed part of the school’s two day prince and princess celebrations to mark Friday’s wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Teacher Hannah Rimmer said all of the pupils – particularly the acting Kate and William – took to their roles brilliantly.
She continued: “The children really enjoyed learning about the traditions linked to a Christian wedding and Gary was fantastic about talking to them about why we have things like rings and bells.”
You may also want to watch:
The wedding theme continued throughout the day with activities such as planning wedding breakfast menus and writing news reports.
Mrs Rimmer added: “All in all it was a really lovely day and we are so fortunate to have Gary. It was a fantastic way of marking the event and for us as teachers it has been exciting planning cross curriculum activities, promoting creativity and helping the children mark this historic occasion in their memories.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden