St Albans primary school fundraisers collect £14,000 for theatre lighting
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers have already collected nearly £14,000 to light up a St Albans junior school.
The £13,710 was collected by Bernards Heath Junior School PTA at events which included a music quiz and the May Fair.
It will be used to buy professional theatre lighting in the school hall.
Children will now be able to perform their school plays with stage lighting.
Chair of Bernards Heath Junior School PTA, Catherine Rutter, said: “There is a strong community spirit among parents and children at Bernards Heath Junior School.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to purchase stage lighting for the junior school and pleased that it will enrich school productions for many years to come.”
Bernards Heath is a three form entry junior school on Watson Avenue, St Albans. The PTA host events throughout the academic calendar.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life