St Albans primary school fundraisers collect £14,000 for theatre lighting
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers have already collected nearly £14,000 to light up a St Albans junior school.
The £13,710 was collected by Bernards Heath Junior School PTA at events which included a music quiz and the May Fair.
It will be used to buy professional theatre lighting in the school hall.
Children will now be able to perform their school plays with stage lighting.
Chair of Bernards Heath Junior School PTA, Catherine Rutter, said: “There is a strong community spirit among parents and children at Bernards Heath Junior School.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to purchase stage lighting for the junior school and pleased that it will enrich school productions for many years to come.”
Bernards Heath is a three form entry junior school on Watson Avenue, St Albans. The PTA host events throughout the academic calendar.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents