St Albans Pre-School celebrating Ofsted success
A PRE-school is putting the flags out after a recent Ofsted inspection which rated them good overall with several outstanding features.
Old London Road Pre-School in Riverside Road, St Albans, was visited by Ofsted late last month and the inspector singled out several areas for particular praise.
They included the relationship between staff and parents, the quality of the staff team which was described as well qualified and attentive and the school’s particular focus on music.
The large garden was also praised for the wealth of learning opportunities it provides for the children who are able to run and play in all weathers because waterproof suits and fleeces are provided.
Janet Audley-Charles, pre-school leader and founder, commented: “We are very pleased with the latest Ofsted report, particularly as it commends our relationships with parents. We’ve always strived to promote a warm and collaborative atmosphere and our childcare team is one of the most experienced and longstanding in the area – we have 29 of our own children between us, many of whom have attended Old London Road themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
The pre-school is holding its open day on Saturday, March 12, for parents making 2011/2012 nursery applications.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council