St Albans Pre-School celebrating Ofsted success
A PRE-school is putting the flags out after a recent Ofsted inspection which rated them good overall with several outstanding features.
Old London Road Pre-School in Riverside Road, St Albans, was visited by Ofsted late last month and the inspector singled out several areas for particular praise.
They included the relationship between staff and parents, the quality of the staff team which was described as well qualified and attentive and the school’s particular focus on music.
The large garden was also praised for the wealth of learning opportunities it provides for the children who are able to run and play in all weathers because waterproof suits and fleeces are provided.
Janet Audley-Charles, pre-school leader and founder, commented: “We are very pleased with the latest Ofsted report, particularly as it commends our relationships with parents. We’ve always strived to promote a warm and collaborative atmosphere and our childcare team is one of the most experienced and longstanding in the area – we have 29 of our own children between us, many of whom have attended Old London Road themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
The pre-school is holding its open day on Saturday, March 12, for parents making 2011/2012 nursery applications.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield