St Albans MP is guest of honour at opening of park Street school’s new weather garden
SUN, rain and wind are all welcome at a St Albans pre-school’s new weather garden.
Staff from The Orchid Group in Park Street stopped off at nearby Saplings pre-school in Birchwood Way recently to transform a patch of derelict land outside into a brand new weather garden.
As well as featuring sun, rain and wind zones complete with forecasting gadgets such as hygrometers and anamometers, the high-tech garden also has a mini weather set and TV frame which allows everyone to give weather presenting a go.
The scheme was one of many launched by The Orchid Group, a pubs and dining company which asks its neighbours to nominate local projects that are in need of attention.
The group provided both manpower and �1,000 towards materials, and MP for St Albans Anne Main attended the official garden opening alongside Saplings pupils.
You may also want to watch:
Teacher Alison Mead said that it was a great way to bring the National Curriculum to life and added: “We’re fully expecting the next Michael Fish to come from Saplings Pre-School as the Weather Garden built by The Orchid Group is amazing. It really captivates the children’s imaginations and is bound to inspire our pupils!”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy