St Albans MP is guest of honour at opening of park Street school’s new weather garden
SUN, rain and wind are all welcome at a St Albans pre-school’s new weather garden.
Staff from The Orchid Group in Park Street stopped off at nearby Saplings pre-school in Birchwood Way recently to transform a patch of derelict land outside into a brand new weather garden.
As well as featuring sun, rain and wind zones complete with forecasting gadgets such as hygrometers and anamometers, the high-tech garden also has a mini weather set and TV frame which allows everyone to give weather presenting a go.
The scheme was one of many launched by The Orchid Group, a pubs and dining company which asks its neighbours to nominate local projects that are in need of attention.
The group provided both manpower and �1,000 towards materials, and MP for St Albans Anne Main attended the official garden opening alongside Saplings pupils.
You may also want to watch:
Teacher Alison Mead said that it was a great way to bring the National Curriculum to life and added: “We’re fully expecting the next Michael Fish to come from Saplings Pre-School as the Weather Garden built by The Orchid Group is amazing. It really captivates the children’s imaginations and is bound to inspire our pupils!”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing