St Albans’ Marlborough Science Academy school magazine makes final of media awards
- Credit: Archant
A school magazine made it through to the finals of a media awards for the second-year running.
The MO, Marlborough Science Academy’s school magazine, is run by teacher Hayley Redfern and sixth-formers Natasha Chen, Sophie Brown, Kate Mercer and Candela Orobitg-Baena.
The magazine, which has previously featured an interview with footballer Rio Ferdinand, competed for best front cover and best editorial content in the magazines category for Shine, the School Media Awards.
It was also runner-up for best front cover.
Ms Redfern took Candela and Sophie from the writing team to the awards, which were held at Stationers’ Hall in London on Monday, June 19.
You may also want to watch:
The School Media Awards are in their seventh year and are organised by the Stationers’ Foundation. Entrants have to impress more than 20 industry judges.
Marlborough was one of 30 schools to make the final, which was hosted by journalist Simon Heffer and Carey Sedgwick, from Casella Publishing.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
All past editions of the magazine can be found on the Marlborough School Association website, under the news section.