St Albans’ Marlborough Science Academy school magazine makes final of media awards
- Credit: Archant
A school magazine made it through to the finals of a media awards for the second-year running.
The MO, Marlborough Science Academy’s school magazine, is run by teacher Hayley Redfern and sixth-formers Natasha Chen, Sophie Brown, Kate Mercer and Candela Orobitg-Baena.
The magazine, which has previously featured an interview with footballer Rio Ferdinand, competed for best front cover and best editorial content in the magazines category for Shine, the School Media Awards.
It was also runner-up for best front cover.
Ms Redfern took Candela and Sophie from the writing team to the awards, which were held at Stationers’ Hall in London on Monday, June 19.
The School Media Awards are in their seventh year and are organised by the Stationers’ Foundation. Entrants have to impress more than 20 industry judges.
Marlborough was one of 30 schools to make the final, which was hosted by journalist Simon Heffer and Carey Sedgwick, from Casella Publishing.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Hospices announce plans to join forces
All past editions of the magazine can be found on the Marlborough School Association website, under the news section.