Students enjoy a St Albans primary school International Fair
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Children celebrated different cultures around the world at a primary school International Fair.
Students at Margaret Wix Primary School spent last week learning all about Greece and Japan in its third annual internationally themed week.
They competed in their own Greek Olympics and can now count to ten in Japanese. Each year, the school focus on two different countries.
At the end of the week, students, parent, and staff volunteers showcased food, traditions, art, music and games from their home countries around the world.
Deputy head Pippa Smart said: “The community of Margaret Wix is wonderfully diverse and we strive to celebrate the different cultures represented in our school. One way is to have an annual International Week topped off with an education and fun-filled fair. This would not be possible without the generosity of parent and staff volunteers who are proud to share part of their culture with us.”
You may also want to watch:
The George Street Canteen provided a barbecue for the event.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy