Winners of St Albans independent coffee shop’s Easter art competition revealed
- Credit: Archant
Children got crafty this Easter in a bid to win chocolatey prizes as part of a holiday art competition.
Bean Central, on Central Drive, hosted the competition for arty youngsters in a range of age categories - from three to five, six to eight, and nine to 12.
Themed on St Albans at Easter, winners in each category received an Easter egg as a prize. They were revealed to be Archie Makepeace, 8, five-year-old Emily Secker, and Emily Gardner, 10.
Store owner Donna Gray said there was stiff competition for the top spot, with some of the entries “truly inspirational”.
She said: “It was a delight to see all the entries and I’m thrilled that it was such a popular competition.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to all who entered.”
Donna added that there were “great ideas and imagination from all age categories”.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall