Winners of St Albans independent coffee shop’s Easter art competition revealed
- Credit: Archant
Children got crafty this Easter in a bid to win chocolatey prizes as part of a holiday art competition.
Bean Central, on Central Drive, hosted the competition for arty youngsters in a range of age categories - from three to five, six to eight, and nine to 12.
Themed on St Albans at Easter, winners in each category received an Easter egg as a prize. They were revealed to be Archie Makepeace, 8, five-year-old Emily Secker, and Emily Gardner, 10.
Store owner Donna Gray said there was stiff competition for the top spot, with some of the entries “truly inspirational”.
She said: “It was a delight to see all the entries and I’m thrilled that it was such a popular competition.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to all who entered.”
Donna added that there were “great ideas and imagination from all age categories”.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans