St Albans cheeleaders take the prize
PUPILS at a primary school in St Albans outshone schools from across the county in a cheerleading competition.
Around 20 pupils from Years 5 and 6 of Oakwood Primary School competed against eight schools in the heats at the end of last month and scored 28 out of 30.
They went on to compete in the finals at Woodside Leisure Centre on Mother’s Day against seven other schools from across the county and finished first with 26 out of 30.
The girls had been trained and put through their paces by a coach from Saracens Sensations for eight weeks and to choreograph a routine.
Headteacher Zoe Buckley said: “The children did an amazing routine which they performed to the school. The staff and pupils all watched, spellbound. We are all very proud of them.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s one of a number of the pupils’ recent achievements that we celebrated and it was a wonderful way to end the term.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county