St Albans cheeleaders take the prize
PUPILS at a primary school in St Albans outshone schools from across the county in a cheerleading competition.
Around 20 pupils from Years 5 and 6 of Oakwood Primary School competed against eight schools in the heats at the end of last month and scored 28 out of 30.
They went on to compete in the finals at Woodside Leisure Centre on Mother’s Day against seven other schools from across the county and finished first with 26 out of 30.
The girls had been trained and put through their paces by a coach from Saracens Sensations for eight weeks and to choreograph a routine.
Headteacher Zoe Buckley said: “The children did an amazing routine which they performed to the school. The staff and pupils all watched, spellbound. We are all very proud of them.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s one of a number of the pupils’ recent achievements that we celebrated and it was a wonderful way to end the term.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted