St Albans boy achieves remarkable success in piano
- Credit: Archant
A primary school boy who lives in St Albans has achieved remarkable success in piano.
Haofei Du began studying the piano just two years ago.
His teacher, Meiling Bingham, said she knew from the outset that Haofei was very musically gifted.
Just before his ninth birthday he took his Grade 5 piano exam, passing with a distinction - the highest level possible.
He in now nine and very pleased with his success.
The Wheatfields pupil scored 142 marks out of a maximum of 150 and was highly commended by the examiner.
Meiling said: "It has been a joy to teach him.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 9 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 10 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
"He works hard and is always eager to learn something new. As well as his exam success he was also awarded first prize at a music festival earlier in the year."
She describes Haofei as "an extremely promising piano student".