St Albans boy achieves remarkable success in piano
- Credit: Archant
A primary school boy who lives in St Albans has achieved remarkable success in piano.
Haofei Du began studying the piano just two years ago.
His teacher, Meiling Bingham, said she knew from the outset that Haofei was very musically gifted.
Just before his ninth birthday he took his Grade 5 piano exam, passing with a distinction - the highest level possible.
He in now nine and very pleased with his success.
You may also want to watch:
The Wheatfields pupil scored 142 marks out of a maximum of 150 and was highly commended by the examiner.
Meiling said: "It has been a joy to teach him.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
"He works hard and is always eager to learn something new. As well as his exam success he was also awarded first prize at a music festival earlier in the year."
She describes Haofei as "an extremely promising piano student".