St Albans bishop opens new primary school extension
- Credit: Archant
A primary school’s new extension and dining facilities have been officially opened by the Bishop of St Albans.
St Michael’s C of E School has extended its lower school site in St Michael’s Street, creating new dining facilities for the youngest children in the school.
The whole school gathered on the playground for the ceremony, and the children sang ‘The Wise Man Built His House Upon The Rock’.
Revd Dr Alan Smith, the Bishop of St Albans, opened the extension, and the oldest and youngest children cut a ribbon and rang the school bell, which had not chimed for 10 years.
Headteacher Alison Rafferty said: “We are delighted to open the Lower School extension St. Michael’s. The new building is entirely in keeping with the old Victorian school, while providing modern internal facilities.”
You may also want to watch:
St Michael’s has also been granted planning permission to build two new classrooms at the top school site.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre