St Albans’ Beaumont school’s PE department wins award
Beaumont School celebrates county accolade for sport
A ST ALBANS secondary school is celebrating after its PE department won a county sports award.
Beaumont School in Oakwood Drive received the secondary school of the year title in the recent Herts Sports Partnership Service to Sport Awards 2011 at a ceremony held at the University of Hertfordshire.
The awards programme recognises contributions and celebrates achievements of sports volunteers and schools in Herts.
Head of PE at Beaumont, Steve Jump, said: “The award is a fantastic achievement for Beaumont School and is testament to the commitment and dedication of all the staff involved in the delivery of curricular and extra-curricular activities.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards panel judged Beaumont to be secondary school of the year based on several criteria including its many school-club links and commitment to teacher and coach training to improve delivery of sport.
The school offers more than 50 extra-curricular sports activities, and several aimed at pupils with special educational needs such as wheelchair basketball and Boccia.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 8 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 9 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire