St Albans’ Beaumont school’s PE department wins award
Beaumont School celebrates county accolade for sport
A ST ALBANS secondary school is celebrating after its PE department won a county sports award.
Beaumont School in Oakwood Drive received the secondary school of the year title in the recent Herts Sports Partnership Service to Sport Awards 2011 at a ceremony held at the University of Hertfordshire.
The awards programme recognises contributions and celebrates achievements of sports volunteers and schools in Herts.
Head of PE at Beaumont, Steve Jump, said: “The award is a fantastic achievement for Beaumont School and is testament to the commitment and dedication of all the staff involved in the delivery of curricular and extra-curricular activities.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards panel judged Beaumont to be secondary school of the year based on several criteria including its many school-club links and commitment to teacher and coach training to improve delivery of sport.
The school offers more than 50 extra-curricular sports activities, and several aimed at pupils with special educational needs such as wheelchair basketball and Boccia.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure