St Albans primary receives football kit donation
- Credit: Archant
Primary school pupils received free Premier League football kits to inspire them onto the sportsfield.
Schooolchildren from Sauncey Wood in Harpenden were awarded 15 Nike shirts, shorts and socks from the Premier League Primary Stars Kit and Equipment scheme.
Headteacher Steve Lloyd, who applied for the donation, also received downloadable online resources.
Sports coach at Sauncey Wood, Jordan Holmes, said: “Our new kit will play a huge part in uniting the school football teams and give our children the confidence and self-belief to be the best that they can be whilst looking the part.
“It will give them the sense of being part of something special and proud of what they can do and what they will achieve.”
You may also want to watch:
He thanked Premier League Primary Stars and the Football Foundation.
Executive chairman of the Premier League, Richard Scudamore, said he hopes it will “inspire children to do their best in the classroom and on the sports field”.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure