Record breaking A-Level results at Sir John Lawes in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A record-breaking number of A*- B grades at Sir John Lawes School in Harpenden has given pupils extra reason to celebrate today (Thursday).
Twenty students achieved all A*/A grades.
Head of sixth form, Cait Rickard, was particularly pleased with the results.
She said: “They have been an exceptional group of young people and fully deserve these great results.
“Not only have they worked hard and been impressive role models for younger students but they have also taken every opportunity to give back to the school.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish them every success in their future careers.”
Head girl Maxine Tink’s A* and two As will enable her to go to Sussex University to study international development.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
She said: “I can’t believe my results! I’m so pleased the hard work paid off.”