Record breaking A-Level results at Sir John Lawes in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A record-breaking number of A*- B grades at Sir John Lawes School in Harpenden has given pupils extra reason to celebrate today (Thursday).
Twenty students achieved all A*/A grades.
Head of sixth form, Cait Rickard, was particularly pleased with the results.
She said: “They have been an exceptional group of young people and fully deserve these great results.
“Not only have they worked hard and been impressive role models for younger students but they have also taken every opportunity to give back to the school.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish them every success in their future careers.”
Head girl Maxine Tink’s A* and two As will enable her to go to Sussex University to study international development.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
She said: “I can’t believe my results! I’m so pleased the hard work paid off.”