Record breaking A-Level results at Sir John Lawes in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A record-breaking number of A*- B grades at Sir John Lawes School in Harpenden has given pupils extra reason to celebrate today (Thursday).
Twenty students achieved all A*/A grades.
Head of sixth form, Cait Rickard, was particularly pleased with the results.
She said: “They have been an exceptional group of young people and fully deserve these great results.
“Not only have they worked hard and been impressive role models for younger students but they have also taken every opportunity to give back to the school.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish them every success in their future careers.”
Head girl Maxine Tink’s A* and two As will enable her to go to Sussex University to study international development.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
She said: “I can’t believe my results! I’m so pleased the hard work paid off.”