Record A-level results received at Roundwood Park
- Credit: Archant
A WAVE of excellent A-level results hit Roundwood Park this morning – the best in the Harpenden school’s history.
Among those celebrating are Charlotte East and Anna Cooke who both received an A* and two A grades and will be heading to Oxford University and Cambridge respectively.
Fellow student Ellen Bentley will be heading to St Andrews to study French after securing three A’s, a grade achievement matched by pupil Lisa Glover as well.
Headteacher Alan Henshall said he was delighted with the results: “Students of all abilities have exceeded their own expectations and can now pursue their dreams.
“I would like to congratulate each and every one of our students, whether they are the majority who are now going to university, or those who will be studying further at college, or entering full time employment.
You may also want to watch:
“They leave us as well rounded and happy adults with learning habits to last them a lifetime.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 5 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted