Queen writes letter of thanks to Abbey View Nursery in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Nursery school children received a very special delivery when a card dropped through the postbox - from none other than Her Majesty The Queen.
In celebration of The Monarch’s 91st birthday, children at Abbey View Nursery sent their hand-made birthday cards to Buckingham Palace, decorating them with jewels, glitter and gold and silver paint.
Given that Elizabeth II is a little busy with Royal engagements, they did not to get expect anything in return.
However they were delighted when the postman delivered a response from The Queen expressing her recognition and heartfelt thanks.
Headteacher Jeannette Burns said: “We really didn’t expect anything in response. The children were just so excited.
You may also want to watch:
“With so many awful things going on this year, it’s nice to have something positive to hold on to.”
Buckingham Palace’s response concluded with: “Her Majesty is most grateful for your thoughtfulness in writing at this time.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety