Queen writes letter of thanks to Abbey View Nursery in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Nursery school children received a very special delivery when a card dropped through the postbox - from none other than Her Majesty The Queen.
In celebration of The Monarch’s 91st birthday, children at Abbey View Nursery sent their hand-made birthday cards to Buckingham Palace, decorating them with jewels, glitter and gold and silver paint.
Given that Elizabeth II is a little busy with Royal engagements, they did not to get expect anything in return.
However they were delighted when the postman delivered a response from The Queen expressing her recognition and heartfelt thanks.
Headteacher Jeannette Burns said: “We really didn’t expect anything in response. The children were just so excited.
You may also want to watch:
“With so many awful things going on this year, it’s nice to have something positive to hold on to.”
Buckingham Palace’s response concluded with: “Her Majesty is most grateful for your thoughtfulness in writing at this time.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions