Popular St Albans teachers retire
THE DISTRICT waved goodbye to some of its teachers this month as they retired after many years of outstanding service.
The headteacher of Park Street School bade a sad farewell to his time at the school after almost 19 years of service.
Geoff Sturgess quickly established himself after arriving in January 1993 and on Wednesday, July 20, the school paid tribute to a much-loved head with an assembly full of songs, poetry and a gift presentation.
After the assembly, past parents and their children returned to share tea and cakes with Mr Sturgess.
He said: “I am so proud of all our present and past pupils and their achievements. I shall miss the children and staff team and know the school will continue to go from strength to strength.”
You may also want to watch:
With 50 years combined service, Maureen Fisher and Sarah Duggan left Bowmansgreen School last week.
Both women worked at the school for 25 years and in that time they influenced many lives within and beyond the school community.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
The departure of two long-standing members of staff was, said a school spokesperson, reflected in the multitude of messages sent to them in their final weeks at the school and the very generous contributions to their retirement gifts.