Plenty to cheer about at Oaklands College
- Credit: Archant
THE principal of Oaklands College has said she is “very proud” of all A-level students after their exam results were published this morning.
In 11 subjects, including English literature, government & politics and human biology, students achieved 100 per cent pass rate, with over a third gaining grades A* to B.
Among the high-fliers was Francesca Jones, who studied sociology, psychology and English literature and secured a place at her first choice university.
She said: “I am so pleased I have done well. All my friends went to grammar school and I chose college, I’m glad I followed my goals as it has all paid off.”
George Milleret, who studied intensive maths and achieved an A*, also commented: “Oaklands has been very different from school, it has set me up for college, the tutors have been excellent, the environment brilliant and I have walked away today with an A*, 98 per cent overall and got into my first choice university, Leeds, to study physics.”
You may also want to watch:
Principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are very proud of the successes of our students this year and I would like to congratulate them all on their achievements.
“At Oaklands we offer an independent and supportive learning environment and we hope to continue to help more students reach their potential and plan for a great career.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant