Plenty to cheer about at Oaklands College
- Credit: Archant
THE principal of Oaklands College has said she is “very proud” of all A-level students after their exam results were published this morning.
In 11 subjects, including English literature, government & politics and human biology, students achieved 100 per cent pass rate, with over a third gaining grades A* to B.
Among the high-fliers was Francesca Jones, who studied sociology, psychology and English literature and secured a place at her first choice university.
She said: “I am so pleased I have done well. All my friends went to grammar school and I chose college, I’m glad I followed my goals as it has all paid off.”
George Milleret, who studied intensive maths and achieved an A*, also commented: “Oaklands has been very different from school, it has set me up for college, the tutors have been excellent, the environment brilliant and I have walked away today with an A*, 98 per cent overall and got into my first choice university, Leeds, to study physics.”
You may also want to watch:
Principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are very proud of the successes of our students this year and I would like to congratulate them all on their achievements.
“At Oaklands we offer an independent and supportive learning environment and we hope to continue to help more students reach their potential and plan for a great career.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park