Oaklands College congratulate A-level students
OAKLANDS College has bucked the national trend and seen an increase in the number of top A-level grades achieved by its students in comparison to last year.
In total ninety-seven per cent of pupils passed their exams, and 16 subjects received an impressive 100 per cent pass rate.
Zoe Hancock, principal of Oaklands College, said: “I would like to warmly congratulate all of our students that have worked so hard to achieve these outstanding results, as well as the tutors that taught and inspired them to succeed.
“We are already excited for what next year will bring as September sees the opening of a new state-of-the-art facility which will have a modern, innovative and supportive environment.”
Commenting on their success, Matt Godman, A-levels faculty director, said: “We are very proud of the successes of our students this year and I would like to congratulate them all on their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“With greater numbers of students taking advantage of our A-level programme and the independent and supportive learning environment we offer, we hope that we can continue to help more students reach their potential and plan for a great career.
“The excellent results reflect the hard work and dedication of our students over the last two years and we wish them every success in their next step, whether that be university or employment.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
And student Chloe Bootham, who opened her results today, said: “I am feeling a mixture of emotions, I am shocked and happy to have achieved an A* in Graphics and Extended Project and an A Maths.
“I live in Watford and decided to come to Oaklands because of the excellent A-level academy, they have such a wide offer of subjects and a great environment to study in.”