Nominations for 2015 Herts Advertiser School Awards close tomorrow at 5pm
- Credit: Archant
There’s still time to get your entry in for the 2015 Herts Advertiser School Awards - but time is fast running out!
Do you think your children attend the best school in the district? Do their teachers go the extra mile for no obvious reward? Are there members of staff who deserve special recognition as unsung heroes?
Now in its fourth year, the Herts Advertiser School Awards is the most exciting event in the St Albans education calendar, providing the perfect platform to celebrate all that is great about our local education system.
Whether recognising pupils who are top of the class academically, sporting heroes or the teacher every pupil looks up to, this is the chance to give them the recognition they deserve.
Once again the event will be held on the beautiful grounds of Oaklands College’s Smallford campus and the awards are continuing their close association with community radio station Radio Verulam, with this year’s hosts once again being the team from The Parents’ Show.
You may also want to watch:
The categories for this year’s competition are as follows: Unsung Hero Award (sponsored by Radio Verulam), Support Staff Member Award, Special Recognition Award, Innovation/Project of the Year (sponsored by Collinson Hall), Secondary School of the Year (sponsored by Kingston Smith), Primary School of the Year (sponsored by Setter Play), Sporting Achiever of the Year (sponsored by Super Sport), Pupil of the Year (sponsored by Harpenden Building Society), Primary Teacher of the Year (sponsored by Neves Solicitors), Secondary Teacher of the Year (sponsored by The Maltings Shopping Centre).
Full criteria for each category and details on how to enter can be found online at www.hertsadschoolawards.co.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
Sponsorship opportunities still exist for some categories, contact Ashleigh Jackson on 01438 866081 or email email@example.com for details on getting involved.
Herts Advertiser editor Matt Adams said: “Once again we’ve been inundated with entries for this year’s awards, but there’s still time to get yours in before the deadline.
“Don’t regret not recognising the achievements of your child’s school when the winners are announced later this month!”
The deadline for entries is 5pm tomorrow (June 5) and not only is it free to enter, but you can enter as many different categories as you like with all nominations considered. Finalists will be selected by a special panel of judges and the winner of each category will be announced at the awards ceremony at Oaklands College on June 24.