Nicholas Breakspear Catholic School students delighted with A Level results
- Credit: Archant
Students at Nicholas Breakspear Catholic School in St Albans have expressed their joy at their A level results after gaining a place at their first university choice.
Pupils Nicole Kelly, Nathan Pinto, Safiya Qureshi and Mathew Lockwood were delighted to find that they had achieved A - C grades when they opened their envelopes.
Nicole, who received three As, will be attending Nottingham University to study English and Philosophy.
She said: “I have had an incredible experience during my time at NBS and I couldn’t have asked for more encouragement and support from my teachers and staff.
“I have no doubt that it is due to the opportunities that I was offered and the achievements that I have made at NBS, which has resulted in me gaining my position at my first choice university.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Declan Linnane, added: “Once again it has been another successful year for our students who have been waiting anxiously for their results.
“They should be proud of what they have achieved and their hard work has indeed paid off.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
“We are so very please, as so many of our students have achieved their first choice of Universities.”
“These results demonstrate the outstanding efforts of students, parents and staff and this community should be proud of what they have achieved.”