NewsHound: Herts Ad reporters release episode two of St Albans children’s news series
- Credit: Archant
The second episode of NewsHound is now out and ready to watch.
This is a fortnightly series hosted by Herts Ad reporters which explains some St Albans and Harpenden news stories in a digestible format for children.
It is designed to engage youngsters in local news and inform them about their homecity.
In the first episode, NewsHound focussed on Storm Gareth forcing the historic St Albans Market to close and the St Albans Big Cat mystery.
This week it looks at the UK’s Strongest Kid competition which is coming to St Peter’s Street this Easter. The free contest follows on from the success of UK’s Strongest Man in Verulamium Park last summer.
UK’s Strongest Kid will be held on April 22 from 12pm to 3pm. No booking is required.
In the future, NewsHound could feature snippets of submitted content from keen, budding reporters of the future.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 6 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
The Herts Ad would welcome any footage from children talking about a topic that interests them for inclusion in the series.
Additionally, any schools who might be interested in getting involved would be welcome. Contact HertsAd@Archant.co.uk with your ideas and footage.