New St Albans free school invites parents to open days
THE NEW St Albans city centre primary school is inviting prospective parents to sign up for open days to find out more about the free school.
A selection of open days are planned at the Alban City School on Hatfield Road, where parents will be shown around the building, get to view architectural plans and meet members of the group behind the school.
Due to open in September 2012 with a two form reception intake, the school promises large classrooms as well as safe and secure outdoor play areas.
Lead proposer of the free school and former headteacher of city centre primary school Aboyne Lodge, Linda Crawley, will talk to parents about the school’s ethos and along with her team, answer any questions people may have.
Linda said: “The property on Hatfield Road will make a wonderful environment within which local children can learn and thrive. We are keen to encourage prospective parents to register for one of our open day visits where they can get a feel for the warm and welcoming new school we will be opening in 2012.”
You may also want to watch:
Frances Button, executive member for education and skills, said parents should visit the site to appreciate the merits of the building. “The former School of Law building is bright and airy with plenty of space to achieve an excellent learning environment for primary pupils. I hope the open days will be well attended and prospective parents will be impressed by the site and our plans.”
The Alban City School group met with the Department of Education on Tuesday to plan the next steps towards opening in September. They will soon begin advertising the role of headteacher.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
To register for the opening days (see box) visit www.albancityschool.org.uk or call or text 07541 380469.