New partnership formed between St Albans and Hemel Hempstead schools
- Credit: Archant
Four schools have come together to create a multi-academy trust providing education to over 1,300 pupils.
Fleetville Infant and Junior Schools in St Albans, aka Fleetville Academies Trust, and Mandeville Primary School in St Albans and Chaulden Junior School in Hemel Hempstead, which comprise the Spiral Academies Trust, have joined forces to create a new partnership.
It will see the four respective head teachers join forces to enable the schools to work closely together to innovate, inspire and share good practice, in a similar way to secondary schools.
All four schools have been rated good and outstanding by Ofsted and each will retain its own head teacher, governing body and a distinctive individual character.
Trustee and chair of the board of directors, Professor Andrew Mayo, commented: “This new partnership is a model for the future of education. The expansion of four schools working in unison will bring enhanced opportunities for both staff and pupils in sharing expertise and resources.”
You may also want to watch:
Amanda Godfrey, head of Mandeville, added: “Working in collaboration with other schools and networks of professionals is a very important part of Spiral Partnership Trust’s ethos and we are very excited about the new opportunities we can offer our staff, parents and children as a result of this partnership.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden