New entrance for St Albans primary school
- Credit: Archant
Visiting a primary school in St Albans will be more pleasant from now on after a new entrance was built to provide a more welcoming, and safer, environment.
St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster has officially opened Windermere Primary School’s new entrance on Windermere Avenue.
A spokeswoman said the new foyer had been designed to reflect the needs of the school in the 21st Century, as it was built in 1957.
It was one of a number of refurbishment projects carried out recently to bring Windermere “up-to-date”.
The spokeswoman said the original entrance opened straight onto the dining room, and people had to walk through that room to access the school office.
You may also want to watch:
Now, visitors can go straight to the office via a “smart new entrance lobby without going through the dining room”.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'