New entrance for St Albans primary school
- Credit: Archant
Visiting a primary school in St Albans will be more pleasant from now on after a new entrance was built to provide a more welcoming, and safer, environment.
St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster has officially opened Windermere Primary School’s new entrance on Windermere Avenue.
A spokeswoman said the new foyer had been designed to reflect the needs of the school in the 21st Century, as it was built in 1957.
It was one of a number of refurbishment projects carried out recently to bring Windermere “up-to-date”.
The spokeswoman said the original entrance opened straight onto the dining room, and people had to walk through that room to access the school office.
You may also want to watch:
Now, visitors can go straight to the office via a “smart new entrance lobby without going through the dining room”.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier