More excellent A-level results for schools
ROUNDWOOD School in Harpenden was delighted with the performance of its A-level students. The provisional figures showed a further improvement on last year s record results. A large number of students achieved A Grades and four, Luke Lythgoe, Nyil Khwaja,
ROUNDWOOD School in Harpenden was delighted with the performance of its A-level students.
The provisional figures showed a further improvement on last year's record results.
A large number of students achieved A Grades and four, Luke Lythgoe, Nyil Khwaja, Rose Allsopp and Jamie Pollock, will be taking up places at either Oxford or Cambridge in October.
THERE was also great excitement at Townsend Church of England School as students received their A-level results. A team of staff were on hand to guide, support and celebrate with students as they found out how well they had performed.
You may also want to watch:
As the day progressed it became clear that all of the students who wanted to go to university had places confirmed. Headteacher, Mr A. Wellbeloved, said: "This is always a great day when we celebrate the hard work of our staff and students. When you have worked with and supported students for seven years, it is a fantastic occasion. Congratulations are due to the students and staff for their dedication and very good achievement.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans