Marchalswick school’s fair is a sweet treat
MIDSUMMER magic permeated a school’s summer fair recently as children of all ages came up with their own themed stalls.
Wheatfields Infants and Nursery School in Marshalswick took the theme of Midsummer Magic for the fair which featured a sweet and joke shop, treasure hunts, a monster eggs lucky dip and a tattoo and face-painting parlour.
Other activities organised by the school PTA included music sessions and a magic show inside the new Wheatfields story tent as well as a chance to climb on board one of the St Albans fire engines.
Head Jane Whitehurst said: “The children put a huge amount of effort and imagination into this year’s summer fair and there was a tremendous buzz around the school all week as they finalised their preparations.
“By holding the school fair on Friday afternoon for the first time, we were able to involve all the children at school whilst raising a fantastic �2,200 towards the school funds.”
You may also want to watch:
Year 2 Pupils Charlotte and Alex are pictured with a selection of cupcakes the Year 2s made – photo by Krishan Bhungar, KKB_0067
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 4 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease