Marchalswick school’s fair is a sweet treat
MIDSUMMER magic permeated a school’s summer fair recently as children of all ages came up with their own themed stalls.
Wheatfields Infants and Nursery School in Marshalswick took the theme of Midsummer Magic for the fair which featured a sweet and joke shop, treasure hunts, a monster eggs lucky dip and a tattoo and face-painting parlour.
Other activities organised by the school PTA included music sessions and a magic show inside the new Wheatfields story tent as well as a chance to climb on board one of the St Albans fire engines.
Head Jane Whitehurst said: “The children put a huge amount of effort and imagination into this year’s summer fair and there was a tremendous buzz around the school all week as they finalised their preparations.
“By holding the school fair on Friday afternoon for the first time, we were able to involve all the children at school whilst raising a fantastic �2,200 towards the school funds.”
You may also want to watch:
Year 2 Pupils Charlotte and Alex are pictured with a selection of cupcakes the Year 2s made – photo by Krishan Bhungar, KKB_0067
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind