Marchalswick school’s fair is a sweet treat
MIDSUMMER magic permeated a school’s summer fair recently as children of all ages came up with their own themed stalls.
Wheatfields Infants and Nursery School in Marshalswick took the theme of Midsummer Magic for the fair which featured a sweet and joke shop, treasure hunts, a monster eggs lucky dip and a tattoo and face-painting parlour.
Other activities organised by the school PTA included music sessions and a magic show inside the new Wheatfields story tent as well as a chance to climb on board one of the St Albans fire engines.
Head Jane Whitehurst said: “The children put a huge amount of effort and imagination into this year’s summer fair and there was a tremendous buzz around the school all week as they finalised their preparations.
“By holding the school fair on Friday afternoon for the first time, we were able to involve all the children at school whilst raising a fantastic �2,200 towards the school funds.”
You may also want to watch:
Year 2 Pupils Charlotte and Alex are pictured with a selection of cupcakes the Year 2s made – photo by Krishan Bhungar, KKB_0067
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold