Loreto College pupil gets all A grades and place at top medical school
- Credit: Archant
A student who maintained A grades throughout her education has claimed a place at a top university medical school.
Emily Ward, a pupil at Loreto College in St Albans had already achieved 10 A*s at GCSE before learning last week that she had been awarded an A* and two As at A-level.
She has wanted to pursue a career in medicine from a young age and will now be taking up a place at Newcastle University Medical School in September.
She said: “I’m so proud of what I’ve achieved and so lucky and excited to have this opportunity.
“I was also even happier to find out that all of my friends got into the universities that they wanted as well.”
Emily, who lives in Marshalswick, believes that her high grades are down to “being so motivated to do medicine”.
She continued: “I was always working towards that goal and I knew how hard I had to work to achieve it.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 5 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 6 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 7 Refunds still due for cancelled Herts Fest event
- 8 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 13-year-old missing from Hemel Hempstead
- 10 St Albans Scout leaders heading to Korean Jamboree
“Going to Loreto also meant that I achieved well in my exams as the school offered amazing support and every teacher cared about you doing well as an individual.”
Emily sat her A-level exams shortly after her grandfather died and while travelling around Australia this summer, she completed a skydive in his memory.
She has raised £650 for Rennie Grove Hospice Care which supported her grandad during the last months of his life.
She added: “The skydive was incredible and it was even better to be able to raise money for such an amazing charity in memory of my grandad.”
For more information or to donate, visit: https://www.justgiving.com/Emily-Ward16?utm_id=15