London Colney school wins sports accolade
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school have picked up prestigious prize for excelling in sports as part of a national awards ceremony.
St Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School in Walsingham Way, London Colney, was presented with the award at the Youth Sport Trust’s 2015 Conference at a ceremony in Telford, sponsored by Skills2Achieve.
It was recognised for its focus on learning and physical development which they had monitored and assessed to capture the progress of their pupils.
Headteacher Lisa Barton said: “We are delighted to have been given the Outstanding Primary PE Award.
“It is a real testament to the work the whole of the team are doing and will inspire us to go on and achieve even more.”
You may also want to watch:
The school will receive a tailored visit by a member of Youth Sport Trust staff with complimentary training and Skills2Achieve subscription for one year, as well as featuring in the Youth Sport Trust membership magazine.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 9 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines