London Colney school wins sports accolade
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school have picked up prestigious prize for excelling in sports as part of a national awards ceremony.
St Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School in Walsingham Way, London Colney, was presented with the award at the Youth Sport Trust’s 2015 Conference at a ceremony in Telford, sponsored by Skills2Achieve.
It was recognised for its focus on learning and physical development which they had monitored and assessed to capture the progress of their pupils.
Headteacher Lisa Barton said: “We are delighted to have been given the Outstanding Primary PE Award.
“It is a real testament to the work the whole of the team are doing and will inspire us to go on and achieve even more.”
You may also want to watch:
The school will receive a tailored visit by a member of Youth Sport Trust staff with complimentary training and Skills2Achieve subscription for one year, as well as featuring in the Youth Sport Trust membership magazine.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts